Transforming one of Sydney’s busiest rail precincts into a thriving, mixed-use community
Brookfield Place Sydney
At a glance
New South Wales, Australia
Design and Construct
6 Star Green Star Office Design 6 Star Green Star Office As Built
Consolidating four properties into one centre
The iconic Brookfield Place Sydney, designed by MAKE in collaboration with Architectus, has seen the development of a world class office tower, restoration of two heritage buildings, an upgrade of Wynyard’s George Street entrance, public concourse and grand transit hall.
10 Carrington Street, the project’s centrepiece is a 27-level premium grade commercial tower with a total net lettable area of approximately ~59,000 m2, ~7,000 m2 of high end retail space and basement parking. It will offer world-class facilities, amenities and finishes, setting a new standard for commercial building and workplace and leisure area design.
The refurbishment of Shell House and 285 George Street has seen both heritage properties returned to their original use as office buildings creating 9,400 square metres of combined boutique office space.
As a truly mixed-use precinct, Wynyard Place provides dynamic and diverse shopping experiences, including fresh food providores, convenience retail, bars, restaurants, cafes, outdoor dining and entertainment.
- 2019 – Australian Build Excellence Award Refurbishment, Australian Construction Awards
- 2019Regeneration Project of the Year, Australian Construction Awards
- Mechanical: Arup
- Electrical: Arup
- Hydraulics/Fire Protection: Arup
- ESD: Arup
- Façade: Arup
- Architect: Architectus
- Façade Engineer: Altitude Façade Access
- Geotechnical Engineer: Douglas Partners
- Environmental Consultants: Edge Environmental
- Heritage Consultants: GML Heritage
- BCA Services: Group DLA
- Landscape Architect: Oculus
- Structural Engineer: Robert Bird Group
Project in numbers
PCA premium grade commercial tower
high end retail