- News & Media
- Contact Us
Many people living in or travelling through Dubai will be aware of the dominance over the city skyline of a large monolith known as the Index. The distinctive shape and size of Index has already made it an iconic part of the Dubai cityscape.
The building is a 326 metre-high, mixed-use development located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC). It is effectively one building on top of another, wherein lie two varying but integrated structural systems. The first 25 floors comprise high quality commercial space featuring three separate 26 metre clear span bays with no columns. Sitting above this is a 16 metre-deep composite steel and concrete transfer structure, that also supports a separate 48-storey luxury residential building. A double height sky lobby separates the offices and apartments and includes recreational facilities such as the swimming pool and gym. A further minor transfer structure on level 72 is also home to the first private substation at this height in Dubai.
TYPE OF PROJECT:
- Building: 326m high
- Site Area: 20,021sqm
- Built-up Area: 386,950sqm
- Total Residential Area: 126,510sqm
- Total Commercial Area: 78,220sqm
- Total Carpark Area: 84,760sqm (2400 carparking spaces)
- 5 storeys below ground podium parking and 3 storeys above ground podium parking & retail
- 25 levels of office space
- Transfer levels contain amenities such as restaurants, a gym, a pool and private substation
- 520 residential apartments made up of 264 1-brm, 208 2-brm, 36 3-brm and 12 penthouses across 48 levels.
Concept Architect: Foster + Partners
Architects: Woods Bagot
Structural Engineers: BG&E
MEP: Hyder Consulting ME Ltd
Acoustics: Acoustic Logic