One Shelley Street, Sydney
One Shelley Street presents a striking combination of elegance, function and sustainability as a custom designed and constructed Sydney headquarters for the Macquarie Group.
The design has raised industry standards in environmental sustainability and workplace functionality, achieving world’s best practice certification and a six-star Green Star rating.
Multiplex pioneered a number of sustainability innovations in the design, including delivering One Shelley Street as the first building in Australia to utilise 100 per cent NLA with passive chilled beams and harbour heat rejection.
Given the greatest cost to any business is its people, Multiplex also worked closely with Macquarie Group to measure the experiences of approximately 2,800 employees moving into the new building.
The study showed significant environmental savings – including a 55% reduction in energy, 50% reduction in water and 35% reduction in paper use. However, it also demonstrated the social value derived from the new building with a perceived productivity increase of 15% amongst staff following the move.
- A passive chilled beam HVAC system
- 100% increase to outside air over Australian Standards and a single pass air system
- Harbour heat rejection system
- Dali light controls
- Glazing and fritted glass facade for sun shading and cooling
- Low flow water fixtures
- Dual pipework fitted for grey and black water recycling
- A high-performance facade with central atrium, to promote natural light and mitigate solar load
- VOC minimisation
- PVC minimisation
Szencorp Green Building Award, Finalist, United Nations Association of Australia, Open, NSW
Highly commended BPN Sustainability Awards – Large Commercial Category, BPN Sustainability Awards, Environmental, NSW