At a glance
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Design and Construct
Focused care for the people of the ACT and neighbouring NSW
A key component of the ACT Government’s Health Infrastructure Program.
The University of Canberra Public hospital comprises 140 overnight inpatient beds made up of 20 mental health and 120 rehabilitation beds. In addition to the overnight beds, the hospital has 75 day places (30 bed equivalents) made up of 25 mental health, 25 rehabilitation and 25 aged care places.
A hydrotherapy service is a key part of the rehabilitation programs at the hospital and will support inpatient and day / community / ambulatory services. The heated hydrotherapy pool was designed to enable access by a range of patients of varying ages.
The facility is further enhanced by its focus on teaching and research through the strong collaboration with the University and other training organisations in the ACT. There are opportunities to develop innovative training programs in rehabilitation and aged care nursing as well as in allied health, and opportunities to expose medical students to rehabilitation and aged care clinical practice.
- Architect&ndash: Woods Bagot
- Structural Engineer&dash: Enstruct
- Mechanical&ndash: EMF Griffiths
- Civil&ndash: Warren Smith & Partners
- Electrical Engineering&NDASH: JHA
- Fire Engineering&ndash: Exova
- ESD&ndash: EMF
- Hydraulics & Fire&ndash: WSP
- Traffic + Façade&ndash: TTW
- Landscape&ndash: Harris Hobbs Landscapes
- BCA&ndash: BCA Certifiers
Project in numbers
overnight patient beds
day places (30 bed equivalents)
aged care places