At a glance
Orchard Street Investment Management
Commercial offices in a prime location
Located near St Paul’s Cathedral and within the commercial heart of the City of London.
125 Wood Street contains ten floors of contemporary and innovatively designed Grade A commercial property.
The project consisted of a refurbishment, extension and re-cladding of the existing 1986 building. The re-development contained the part demolition of the building, including removal of the façade, retention of elements of the structural frame and reconfiguration of the existing core.
The retained floor plates were extended at the site boundary and additional floors were added at high level to increase the floor area from eight to ten levels.
Cladding zones on the re-clad North, East and West facades were minimised to increase the area gain of floor plate extensions and the building height was carefully monitored to ensure St Paul’s threshold was not breached.
125 Wood Street was fully fitted to Category A and provides Grade A specification office accommodation. The development achieved a BREEAM Excellent rating.
- 2015 – Gold Award - The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- 2014 – Performance beyond complicance - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- 2014 – Gold Award - The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- 2013 – Performance beyond complicance - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- Architect – Aukett Fitzroy Robinson
- Structural Engineer – Arup
- Mechanical / Electrical Engineer – Arup