At a glance
Aldgate Tower Developments Ltd
Design & Build
Redeveloping East London
Multiplex designed and constructed Aldgate Tower, a state-of-the art 460,000 sq ft building containing 16 floors of Grade A office space.
Located in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, the development is on the boundary of the City of London and was the first phase of a wider regeneration of the Aldgate area. The steel framed structure with a central steel core accommodating lifts, services, stairs and washroom facilities was built on an existing three level reinforced concrete basement. The basement required technical temporary works and structural reconfiguration.
The main façades are clad with a fully glazed, full height aluminum framed curtain wall system. Solar control is provided by soft coatings to all the glazing. Two 11KVA ring main units provide electricity to the building supplemented by a roof mounted photo-voltaic (PV) cell electrical generation system. A solar thermal heating system was installed and will pre-heat the domestic water service prior to heating by gas fired water heaters.
In addition to the PV cells, the building contains a number of key sustainable features including BREEAM Excellent rating and a Brown Roof system utilised of recycled products to create a natural habitat to attract and support a variety of plants, birds, animals and invertebrates.
- 2015 – Gold Award - The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- 2015 – Gold Award - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- 2014 – Silver Award - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- 2014 – Performance beyond complicance - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- 2014 – Gold Award - The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- 2013 – Performance Beyond Compliance - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
Project in numbers
floors of Grade A office space
11KVA ring main units providing electricity to the building