A bold commercial development in the heart of Perth's CBD
Brookfield Place – City Square Perth
At a glance
Western Australia, Australia
Design and Construct
5 Star Green Star rating for design, 6 Star Green Star - Office Interiors
One of Perth’s iconic destinations, bringing together modern office space, cultural experiences, curated dining and world-class shopping.
Brookfield Place offers an exciting addition to the Perth city skyline, providing a unique example of how a cutting edge contemporary design can mesh with its historical predecessors.
Multiplex developed a two-stage construction program for the completion of Brookfield Place. The first involved the refurbishment of the historic Newspaper House Buildings; four heritage-listed buildings which were initially constructed between 1910 and 1932.
The centrepiece of the project was constructed in stage two – the 46 level Brookfield Place Tower. The commercial tower enjoys exceptional views over the Swan River offering excellent light and district views from all aspects. The tower includes premium office space, four parking levels, an extensive ground floor and podium retail, restaurant and leisure areas.
The tower is the tallest side core commercial building in the southern hemisphere and capitalises on space efficiency, gaining an additional 10 per cent over existing tenancies.
Subsequent to the initial contract, a complete building re-design was performed by Multiplex in partnership with tenant BHP to provide bespoke space specifically tailored to their and other tenants needs. Multiplex’s re-design was able to achieve significant cost savings while avoiding impact on the building’s overall performance and Green Star Ratings. It also allowed earlier occupation by the tenants.
As a result, Brookfield Place Tower 1 was awarded a 6 Star Green Star – Office Interiors v1.1 certified rating, which represents ‘World Leadership’ in environmentally sustainable building practices.
- 2013 Winner Master Builders Association - Excellence in Construction Awards - Best Building Fit-out over $10m
- 2013 Winner Master Builders Association - Excellence in Construction Awards - Best Historic Restoration or Renovation
- 2013 Winner Master Builders Association - Excellence in Construction Awards - Best Office Building over $30m
- 2013 Winner Master Builders Association - Excellence in Construction Awards - Best Retail Building over $5m
- 2013 Winner Master Builders Association - Excellence in Construction Awards - Excellence in Energy Efficiency over $40m
Project in numbers
net lettable area