The transformation of one of Sydney’s busiest rail precincts into a thriving, mixed-use community
Brookfield Place Sydney Sydney
At a glance
New South Wales, Australia
Design and Construct
6 Star Green Star Office Design v3, 6 Star Green Star Office As-built v3
Breathing new life into a historic Sydney landmark
The iconic Brookfield Place Sydney, designed by MAKE in collaboration with Architectus, has seen the development of a world class office tower, restoration of two heritage buildings and an upgrade of Wynyard Station’s George Street entrance, public concourse and grand transit hall.
The project’s centrepiece is a 27-level premium grade commercial tower, with a total net lettable area of approximately 59,000 m2, 7,000 m2 of high end retail space and basement parking. Brookfield Place offers world-class facilities, amenities and finishes, setting a new design standard for Sydney's CBD.
The refurbishment of Shell House and 285 George Street has seen both heritage properties returned to their original use as office buildings, creating 9,400 square metres of combined boutique office space. As a result of the restoration works, the structure now has one of the tallest retained heritage facades in the Southern Hemisphere.
As a truly mixed-use precinct, Brookfield Place provides a dynamic and diverse experience for businessmen and women, commuters and shoppers in the heart of the city.
- 2021 - Winner, National Trust (NSW) Heritage 'Conservation Built Heritage' Award
- 2020 - Engineering Excellence Awards
- 2019 – Australian Build Excellence Award Refurbishment, Australian Construction Awards
- 2019 - Regeneration Project of the Year, Australian Construction Awards
- Mechanical/Electrical/ESA/Façade/Hydraulics/Fire Protection: Arup
- Architect: Architectus
- Façade Engineer: Altitude Façade Access
- Geotechnical Engineer: Douglas Partners
- Environmental Consultants: Edge Environmental
- Heritage Consultants: GML Heritage
- BCA Services: Group DLA
- Landscape Architect: Oculus
- Structural Engineer: Robert Bird Group
- Structural Engineer: Taylor Thomson Whitting
Project in numbers
PCA premium grade commercial tower
high end retail