At a glance
Western Australia, Australia
The Minister for Works / Department of Health, WA
Providing a range of acute medical and surgical services.
As a flagship health facility for Western Australia, the Fiona Stanley Hospital is one of largest design and construct projects Multiplex has delivered. The $2 billion development casts a wide net – servicing communities south of Perth and across the state.
The tertiary hospital is the West Australian government’s largest ever infrastructure project. It provides 783 hospital beds including a 140 bed rehabilitation service funded by the Australian government.
The landmark design houses a comprehensive cancer centre, including radiotherapy treatment facilities, medical oncology and haematology, renal transplantation and dialysis, paediatric, obstetric and neonatal services. Additional radiology services including MRI, CT and PET/CT have also been provided. A medical research facility built for the Harry Perkin's Institute of Medical Research will also be co-located on site.
A ‘One Team’ approach was embraced on this project to facilitate and nurture a collaborative working environment with the client. This approach was key to executing the large scale project. The One Team approach enabled Multiplex to advise the client of key areas where issues remain unresolved or may arise in future, effectively ‘future-proofing’ the facility. This was essential in minimising project risk and for a smooth development process.
This development is a world class medical, research and education facility that will sustain generations to come.
- 2011 Master Builders Association: Federal Safety Commission - Outstanding Safety Solution Award
- 2011 Master Builders Association: The Mark Allen Memorial Trust - Lifesaver Award for Mates in Construction
- 2012 United National Association of Australia - BHP Billiton: Best Specific Environmental Initiative
- 2013 Master Builders Association - Excellence in Waste Management
- 2015 Australian Institute of Building - WA Professional Excellence in Building Award Commercial Construction over $100m
- Architects: Silver Thomas Hanley / Hassell / Hames Sharley
- Structural: BG&E
- Hydraulic:Sinclair Knight Merz
- Electrical:Wood and Grieve Engineers
Project in numbers
bed state rehabilitation services