The largest health infrastructure investment in regional Western Australia's history
Karratha Health Campus Karratha
At a glance
Western Australia, Australia
State Government of Western Australia – Strategic Projects and Asset Sales, Department of Treasury
Design and Construct
Transforming a new era of healthcare in the Pilbara region
As the largest infrastructure investment in regional Western Australia's history, the $136m Karratha Health Campus provides excellent access to healthcare for local communities, transforming health services in the region.
Karratha Health Campus has replaced the Nickol Bay Hospital, bringing together in one location:
- Double the number of emergency department bays
- A new surgical centre
- New maternity wing and delivery suites
- Expanded outpatient facilities.
Construction commenced in mid-2015 and was completed in mid-2018.
- 2019 Master Builders Association Western Australia Excellence in Construction Awards - Best Healthcare Building over $100m Winner
- Collaborative Partner: Cooper & Oxley
- Architect: HASSELL
- Services Engineer: Wood & Grieve
- Structural Engineer: Pritchard Francis
- Quantity Surveyor: DCWC
Project in numbers
pieces of equipment, furniture and fittings