At a glance
Western Australia, Australia
Landmark retail development
Having built the original Karrinyup Shopping Centre in 1972 and completed an extensive refurbishment in 1996, Multiplex has delivered the latest $800 million landmark retail destination for West Australians.
The redevelopment sees the centre expand from 59,874 square metres to 109,000 square metres, encompassing 290 retail stores, a new outdoor entertainment area and a dining precinct, The West Deck.
Since the beginning of construction in 2018, Karrinyup Shopping Centre was Perth's largest commercial construction project and helped boost the Western Australian economy.
The centre boasts a number of large international retailers, high-quality fashion selection and extensive food and entertainment offerings.
- Architects: Karrinyup Design Collective
- Electrical & VT: BEST Consultants
- Fire & Hydraulic: BCA Consultants
- Mechanical: Steens Gray & Kelly
- Civil & Structural: Pritchard Francis
- Building Surveyor: Resolve Group
- Acoustics: Herring Storer
- ESD: Full Circle
- Facade: Inhabit
Project in numbers
of retail space
jobs created during construction
new jobs in retail, support and management