London Wall Place features two commercial buildings and incorporates significant public realm space
London Wall Place London
At a glance
JV between Brookfield and Oxford Properties
Design & Build
BREEAM Excellent Rating will be achieved
Two iconic buildings for the City
London Wall Place is a 500,000 sq ft development that will provide two landmark commercial buildings and an acre of landscaped public realm.
The new open space will create a unique destination for the area through a series of new gardens set amongst the historic landmarks such as monuments including the Roman City Wall and St Alphage Church Tower ruins. The site extends for over 2 acres and is located on London Wall between Moorgate and the Barbican.
1 London Wall Place is a circa 300,000 sq ft building arranged over 12 storeys. The innovative design provides floor plates of circa 9,000 sq to 42,000 sq ft and includes over 35,000 sq ft of roof terraces for exclusive tenant use.
2 London Wall Place is a 16 storey tower providing floors of circa 12,000 sq ft and completed to Cat ‘A’. The building will include vertical glazing strips and a spectacular triple height space at the top of the building.
Each building will include the construction of a deep basement formed within a secant piled wall. The basement and cores are to be constructed primarily of concrete. A steel frame will form the office floor plates, roof and terraces above ground.
A striking feature of both buildings will be the cantilevering of the steel frame out above London Wall. The introduction of these cantilevers will allow London Wall to be opened up as a user-friendly public thoroughfare, complimented by widening of the adjacent footpath.
The external cladding will be a striking feature of the development, combining the use of glass reinforced concrete with contrasting dark ceramic elements – the use of these materials reflect the split flint stones within the site’s heritage monument.
- 2018 – Bronze Award - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- 2016 – Gold award - City of London Considerate Contractor Scheme
- 2016 – Bronze Award - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- 2015 – Silver Award - The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- 2015 – Silver Award - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- 2015 – Performance Beyond Compliance - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- 2015 – Gold Award - City of London Considerate Contractors Scheme
- 2015 – Achievement for consistently scoring high on site visits - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- Architect – Make
- Structural Engineer – WSP
- M&E Consultant – Hurley Palmer Flatt
Project in numbers
acre of landscaped public realm
storey tower at 2 London Wall Place
sq ft of roof terraces