Redeveloping London's South Bank and providing a new icon for the skyline
One Blackfriars London
At a glance
St George Plc
Design & Build
London's iconic 'Vase'
One Blackfriars is a landmark mixed-use development in London.
The One Blackfriars development features a 170m, 50 storey tower, which is quickly becoming a new icon for the capital’s skyline and creating a vibrant new destination on London’s South Bank.
The completed development, which sits on a 0.67 hectare directly south of Blackfriars Bridge, consists of three buildings which provide 274 homes, a boutique-style hotel over six floors, shops and a new public piazza.
Multiplex also completed fit-out works on the three-level basement area, which incorporates an energy centre, two spas and residential amenity spaces including a new landscaped piazza.
This is the second project Multiplex has completed for St George, following the successful completion of The Tower, One St George Wharf.
- 2018 – Silver Award - ROSPA
- 2018 – Gold Award - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- 2017 – Gold Award - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- 2016 – Most Considerate National Site - Runner Up - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- 2016 – Gold award - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- 2015 – Performance Beyond Compliance - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- Architect – Ian Simpson Architects
- Structural Engineer – WSP
- MEP – Hoare LEA
Project in numbers