At a glance
New South Wales, Australia
Wharves 9 & 10 Pty Ltd
Design and Construct
6 Star Green Star Design; 6 Star Green Star As Built
Leading edge development
One Shelley Street presents a sleek, innovative and purpose-built commercial structure, custom designed for the Macquarie Group's Sydney headquarters.
This leading-edge development has cemented Macquarie Group as a modern and progressive company, while reaffirming Multiplex's reputation as future-minded in sustainable design and construction. The design statements have led the building to become the yardstick for Sydney’s contemporary metropolitan construction, a visual feast both inside and out.
The innovative external steel diagrid structural system encompasses the building's sleek glass facade, eliminating the need for perimeter columns and maximising the flexibility of the internal floor space.
The light-filled interior design features a 10-storey high central atrium, with dramatic meeting room pods projecting into the space. The atrium is linked at a number of levels by bridges, stairs and open floor levels, and an internal ‘street’ that journeys across the length of the building.
The 35,000m2, 11-storey building offers one level of retail below 10 levels of premium commercial office space in the east tower and six levels of commercial space in the west tower. It is nestled amid Sydney’s stylish new precinct, King Street Wharf.
The design has raised industry standards in environmental sustainability and workplace functionality. The triumphant design achieved world's best practice certification and a six-star Green Star rating. Two innovation points were awarded; one for being the first building in Australia to utilise 100 per cent NLA with passive chilled beams and harbour heat rejection and the second for undertaking a study with Macquarie Group to better understand the relationships between green buildings, indoor environmental quality, occupant perception and satisfaction and productivity.
- 2009Australian Institute of Building (AIB) National Professional Excellence Award, Commercial Construction over $100m>
- 2009 Winner Australian Property Institute Excellence in Property Awards - Estate Master Property Development Award
- 2009 Winner Masters Builders Association - Excellence in Construction Best Use of Steel
- 2009 engineers Australia - Engineering Excellence Award, Building and Structures
- 2009Australian Institute of Building - Professional Excellence Award, Commercial Construction over $100m
- 2010Winner Engineers Australia - Excellence Award
- 2010Australian Steel Institute - Winner Architectural Steel Design Award
- 2010 Australian Steel Institute - Winner Structural Engineering Steel Building Design Award
- 2010Australian Steel Institute - Winner Multilevel Steel Building Design Award
- 2010 Property Council of Australia - Overall Winner: Innovation and Excellence Awards
- Architect: Fitzpatrick Partners
- Client Representative: Savills
- Structural Engineer (Basement): Robert Bird
- Structural Engineer (Towers): Arup
- Services: Lincolne Scott
Project in numbers
level commercial space in the East Tower
level commercial space in West Tower