An integrated health campus
South East Regional Hospital Bega
At a glance
New South Wales, Australia
Design and Construct
Largest infrastructure project for the Bega Valley
The South East Regional Hospital delivers a wide range of enhanced medical services to the Bega Valley and broader community.
Located approximately 1.5 kilometres from the Bega CBD, the South East Regional hospital is an integrated health campus offering community mental health and drug and alcohol service along with inpatient services.
The hospital offers a range of clinical support services including medical imaging, pharmacy and pathology, and non-clinical support services including food services, cleaning and linen services, admissions and business support services. And space for the provision of education and training facilities have been made available.
The hospital created career opportunities for local Indigenous people by partnering with the Bega Local Aboriginal Land Council (LALC) to provide a 12 month construction based traineeship program. Using the hospital construction site as a training ground, 20 local Indigenous trainees were given the opportunity to develop a diverse and unique range of skills in a mentoring atmosphere.
The SERH was completed 10 weeks ahead of program in October 2015.
- 2016 – Master Builders Association - Winner, Excellence in Construction Awards, Health Buildings ($100m+)
- 2016 – Australian Institute of Architects, Commendation, Public Architecture, NSW Architecture Awards
- Architect: BVN Architecture
- Services: ARUPStructural
- Engineer: SCP Consulting
- Civil Engineer: SCP Consulting
- Hydraulic and Fire Engineer: Warren Smith & Partners
- Electrical and Lifts: ARUP
- Mechanical Engineer: Steensen Varming
Project in numbers
emergency department bays
sub-acute care and rehabilitation beds
car parking bays