At a glance
Arab Investments Ltd / Vivenda Regina NV
Design & Build
A premium country park hotel
Set within the natural beauty of Langley Park, west of London, The Langley was originally built as a hunting lodge for Lord Marlborough in 1756.
In 2015, Multiplex was appointed as main contractor to develop The Langley into a 41-bedroom, five-star luxury hotel and spa.
This unique redevelopment included:
- Converting the existing Grade II* listed 18th-century mansion into 20 guest rooms, including structural remediation and the restoration of internal and external listed features. The interior fit-out – including new lifts, meeting rooms, kitchens and public dining spaces – were all completed to the highest quality standards, befitting a five-star hotel.
- Incorporating the existing mansion’s ornate double-height reception, dining rooms, central stairs, entrance lobbies and 250-year-old fireplaces into the final finishes of the hotel.
- Constructing a luxury spa in the basement using new piles and a secant piling wall system that intersects and links to the existing mansion building.
- Restoring the ornate double-height Winter Garden, including the refurbishment of the glazed roof into a function area and incorporating the entrance to the new basement spa. This required significant intervention below the existing steel-framed, stone-clad structure, and the introduction of a new stair and lift core.
- The refurbishment and extension of the former standalone stables, known as the ‘Clock Tower’ building, into 21 guest rooms, accessible via an internal courtyard.
- Landscaping the external areas, incorporating a new Edwardian-style terrace for al fresco dining, new driveways, extensive walking paths, an external pool, a tennis court and entry gates.
The Langley opened in 2019 and serves the sister hotel to The Wellesley – a luxury hotel in Knightsbridge that was also delivered by Multiplex.
- Architect – Gibberd Limited
- Spa Architect – Veretec
- Structural Engineer – Sinclair Johnstone
- Cost Consultant – BTP Group
- Engineers – Sinclair Johnson Partners
Project in numbers
star luxury hotel and spa
listed 18th-century mansion