Multiplex appointed to finalise plans for Eurobodalla $260 million Regional Hospital
NEW SOUTH WALES, AUSTRALIA: The delivery of the new Eurobodalla Regional Hospital has taken a key step forward with a Contractor appointed to finalise the design and planning, in preparation for construction of the new $260 million health facility.
Parliamentary Secretary for Regional Health Dr Michael Holland said Multiplex had been engaged following a competitive tender process to work on the detailed design for the redevelopment, which will deliver a sustainable, modern and purpose-built hospital to support the needs of the entire Eurobodalla community from Narooma to Batemans Bay.
“This is an important milestone for the hospital project and local community who will soon have access to a brand-new hospital, as well as expanded health services including intensive care, paediatric services and increased access to chemotherapy and renal services,” Dr Holland said.
“Having the Contractor on board early allows the builder to work collaboratively with the project team, bringing their knowledge and expertise of healthcare infrastructure planning and construction to the hospital’s planning and design.
“Multiplex will consult widely with local clinicians, staff, patients, and the community to ensure the new regional hospital is delivered to a world-class standard,” said Dr Holland. The Eurobodalla Regional Hospital includes:
- Emergency Department
- Eight-bed Intensive Care / Close Observation Unit
- Increased capacity for chemotherapy and increased access to renal dialysis
- Surgical and operating theatres and a day stay surgical unit
- Expanded medical imaging department, including MRI service
- Ambulatory care for community and outpatient services
- Paediatric and maternity beds, and a special care nursery
- Mental health beds for short term admission
- Enhanced education and training facilities, including a simulation lab
Early works for the hospital are underway with construction due for completion in 2025.
For more information: https://www.eurobodallahs.health.nsw.gov.au