Working in a historic conservation area within the City of London to deliver new Leathersellers offices
5-7 St Helen's Place London
At a glance
100 Bishopsgate Partnership on behalf of The Worshipful Company of Leathersellers
BREEAM 'Very Good'
Transforming a historic area
5-7 St Helen’s Place is the new residence for the Worshipful Company of Leathersellers, consisting of a new livery hall, reception area, offices and company Master’s accommodation.
Situated within the St Helen’s Place conservation area in the City of London, adjacent to an 800-year-old Grade 1 listed church, the new structure at 5-7 St Helen’s Place was constructed behind a retained historic façade. The design included expanding the existing basement by approximately six square metres, with works taking place in close proximity to surrounding neighbours and behind the retained façade. The basement levels house the building’s mechanical plant, electrical substation and the livery hall and court facilities. These areas also incorporate a double-height ceiling, which provides natural light from the ground floor light-wells in the north and south areas.
A six-storey steel and concrete superstructure erected above the livery hall is now used for office accommodation. The top level of the development contains the three-bedroom Master’s accommodation, featuring a biodiverse green roof.
The development has received a BREEAM ‘Very Good’ rating.
- 2017 – RIBA London Award - The Royal Institute of British Architects Regional Awards
- 2016 – Gold award - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- 2015 – Silver Award - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- 2015 – Gold Award - The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- 2014 – Performance Beyond Compliance - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- 2014 – Gold Award - The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- 2013 – Performance Beyond Compliance - National Considerate Constructors Scheme
- 2013 – Gold Award - The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents