At a glance
Western Australia, Australia
DIF Karratha Pty Ltd ("Project Co")
Design and Construct
Delivered in Western Australia's remote Karratha region
Multiplex has completed the construction of the 604-bed Bay Village workers accommodation facility for Woodside in Karratha, WA.
The village contains 604 accommodation units, supported by central facilities including a gym, administration block, swimming pool and multi-use sports courts.
Multiplex overcame the challenges of construction during the cyclone season, including a direct hit by Cyclone Damien in early 2020. And despite the challenges of COVID-19, through careful planning and safe adaption of our work practices we were able to successfully deliver to program.
Local content was also a key success of the project, with a strong focus on local employment and procurement and over 80% of the workforce employed locally.
- Architect / Interior Design: AECOM
- Structural Engineer: AECOM
- Mechanical: AECOM / Envar
- Electrical: AECOM / Westelec
- Hydraulic: AECOM / Axis Plumbing
- Security: AECOM / Next Generation Voice
- BCA: Philip Chun
- Civil: AECOM
- 2021 - Winner, Excellence in Construction Awards, Best Resource Construction Project $50-$100m, Master Builders Association
Project in numbers
bed workers village
local jobs created