At a glance
Western Australia, Australia
St John of God Healthcare
Increasing the Hospital's capacity and adding new treatment facilities
Located in Murdoch, a southern suburb of Perth, the redevelopment is Western Australia’s largest ever private health sector investment.
Comprising several planned stages, the redevelopment saw the St John of God Murdoch Hospital’s capacity increased from 363 to 537 beds. Additional new treatment facilities include eight operating theatres and an expanded medical clinic and cancer centre that allows an additional 25,000 patients to be treated each year.
The Hospital currently offers medical and surgery services across a wide range of specialised areas including cardiology, gastroenterology, intensive care, oncology, paediatrics, palliative care, respiratory medicine, colorectal, obstetrics and gynaecology, orthopaedics, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, urology and vascular surgery as well as general and emergency medicine.
Multiplex used its proven techniques from delivering other world-class health and medical institutions to ensure the timely delivery of the project with minimal disruption to existing hospital facilities and services.
- 2015 Master Builders Association Winner - Best Refurbishment and Renovation over $20m
- 2015 Master Builders Association Winner - Best Health/Aged Care Building
- 2015 Australian Institute of Building Winner - Commercial Construction $100m +
- Project Managers: Project Directors Australia
- Architect: Silver Thomas Hanley
- Hydraulic Engineer: SPP Group
- Structural Engineer: BPA Engineering
- Civil Engineer: BPA Engineering
- ESD Consultant/Rating: Aurecon
- Quantity Surveyor: Rider Levett Bucknall
Project in numbers
additional patients able to be cared for
medical specialists accommodated