At a glance
Western Australia, Australia
Design and Construct
A multi-generational seniors’ precinct in Claremont
Multiplex worked closely with client Oryx Communities from the outset, finalising The Queenslea's design under an early contractor involvement agreement.
The Queenslea is a six story development comprising a Residential Aged Care Home with approximately 100 beds, 39 two bed two bath Serviced Apartments for Seniors, in addition to a number of unique 1 bed apartments
The generously sized two and three-bedroom Serviced Apartments have been awarded Platinum Design Certification by Liveable Housing Australia (LHA) and are the first of their kind in Western Australia. The Apartments have been designed to ensure normality, dignity and quality of life are prioritised.
The Queenslea also hosts an Early Learning Centre with places for over 100 children, where daily intergenerational activities will be conducted between the elderly residents and children.
The development is located in close proximity to Claremont Quarter shopping centre, sporting facilities, Claremont train station and the Claremont Aquatic Centre.
- Architecture, Interior and Landscaping: HASSELL
- Structure and Civil: Pritchard Francis
- Fire and Sustainability: Wood and Grieve
- Services: D&C Subcontractors
- Mechanical and Electrical: Melchor
- Fire (Administration): Grama Brazita
- Vertical Transport: Otis
- Hydraulic: Christopher Contracting
- 2021 - Winner, Excellence in Construction Awards, Best Aged Care Building $50-$100m, Master Builders Association